Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Episode 202 - The Great Bike Race

06/30/2017

It’s Friday, June 30th,, 2017 and welcome to Episode 202 of TechTalk4Teachers, I’m Tom Grissom, and I'm Brian Poulter. Welcome to TechTalk4Teachers the show about teaching and learning with technology. This episode Brian and I discuss our a project based learning unit we are calling "The Great Bike Race". This is a brainstorming session where we share some of the many ways you can take a local event and a data set to integrate into a learning unit.

We share the data set and a OneNote Notebook to give you some ideas how you can integrate local activities into the classroom.





Right-click here to download.


Show Notes:


OneNote Notebook

The Great Bike Race OneNote Notebook

bit.ly/greatbikerace17










Technology Picks of the Week

Tom's Pick

Microsoft Surface Pro


Brian's Pick

Run Keeper GPS app

https://runkeeper.com/




That wraps it up for Episode 202 of TechTalk4Teachers. Show notes this episode and archived episodes are available on the web at the EIU ITC website at eiu.edu/itc To leave a comment of suggestion please send an email to techtalk@eiu.edu of leave a comment on our TechTalk4Teachers blog. Until next time, I’m Tom Grissom and  I’m Cindy Rich, Keep on Learning!

Keep on Learning,
Tom Grissom, Ph.D.


Twitter: @tomgrissom

Nhận xét

Popular Posts

Digital Finance Stakeholders

Digital forensic students looking to research digital finance may find this useful as a starting point. Through the financial support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MicroSave isconducting a four-year research project in the following eight focus countries as part ofthe Agent Network Accelerator (ANA) Project: http://www.helix-institute.com/sites/default/files/Publications/161101%20ANA%

Episode 190 – Personal Weather Stations for Teaching and Learning

06/30/2016 It’s Thursday, June 30 th , 2016 and welcome to TechTalk4Teachers I’m Tom Grissom, and I’m Brian Poulter. Welcome to TechTalk4Teachers the show about teaching and learning with technology. Cindy is out of the office this week so we have invited Brian Poulter, long time friend of the show, to be on the TechTalk4Teachers podcast. This time we talk about Personal Weather Stations and the possibilities for teaching and learning. We wrap things up with our Technology Picks of the Week. Click on the Player to listen. Your browser does not support the audio element. Right-click here to download if the Player does not work with your browser. Show Notes: Personal Weather Stations (Weather Underground) https://www.wunderground.com/ Ambient Weather Stations http://www.ambientweather.com/ NY Times Article on Personal Weather Stations (2013) http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/technology/personaltech/a-guide-to-personal-weather-stations.html?_r=0 Technology Picks of the Week Tom’s Pick ...